Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 3d photo

Default Re: 3d photo

Hi, Emma, do you mean the image? That is a representation of an astrolabe I did in Xara3d and XaraXtreme some years ago.

If that isn't what you are after, then I'm still not sure what mean.

Mike

hi mike sorry my mistake ur sample is square.and there is a different 1 ive seen but not sure if its done by 1 or 2 softwares Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000f055tzkD[1].gif 
Views:	269 
Size:	480.5 KB 
ID:	87567 emma

OK, I see what you mean. That is a rounded square. I don't think Wingdings has one. You would get that from another application. Did you not say you had XaraXtreme? It has a tool called Quickshapes that lets you create shapes with any number of sides. You can select how many sides the shape has and whether it is stellated (star-shaped), and whether the corners are rounded or not. The great thing with XaraXtreme is that you can select any shape you made in it, and copy it to the clipboard with Ctrl-C, and then in Xara3D, paste it in as a shape with Ctrl-V.

To get the shape in that image, use 4 sides, and click the rounded corner button. Then just drag the mouse across the screen and see the shape being created. If you place the mouse pointer onto any of the control points near the corners you candrag the point nearer or further from the corner to change the radius of the curve.
    Once you are happy with it, select the square and hit Ctrl-C as I described earlier, and paste it into Xara3d.

Mike

hi ive done this but mine dont i dont know how to seperate them to the 1 i shown u Click image for larger version. 

Name:	434.gif 
Views:	253 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	87577 emma

The way that the Amore Elite image was put together was to create two separate animations, one using Xara3D's Board design with the Amore Elite text on an oval board, and another one with a rounded square board with the other text applied to it. The frames of the animations were then superimposed in another application, possibly XaraXtreme or one of its variants. I can see that because one animation, the oval board one, is always completely behind the square board one.

You can't do this within Xara3D, unless you use the Ripple animation, but then you can't use the Rotate animation to spin them, because Xara3d can only invoke one animation type in any one file. So while you have got all the right shapes (though your square doesn't have the round corners), you will need to do the oval board animation first and export as an animated gif. Then create the other board animation, and make sure it has the same number of frames, and has a transparent background, because otherwise it will obscure the oval animation belhind it.

After that, you are into XaraXtreme territory, where you need to merge the two separate animated gifs. I'd need to experiment a bit myself with that though I know it could be done but I'd not necessarily know the easiest or most efficient way to do it. But someone on the relevant forum will probably help with that when you get to that stage.

So if you want to proceed, create the two animations first, same size, same number of frames, one with a background if you want and one without.

And then we will see what we can do next.

Mike

PS graphics is fun, isn't it?

ok thx u and this dont sound to easy. emma

oh and the text on the rounded square board i wasnt going to write on that emma

Its true you may perhaps be trying to run before you can walk, but there is nothing to stop you at least trying the first couple of steps, like creating a spinning board with text on it. If you go so far and stop, that's fine, and you can always pick it up again later if you want.
    The more you try things out the more comfortable you get with what you can do, and you are learning all the time.

And then the next steps will look much more straightforward.

The main thing is, just enjoy doing what you can do, and you will enjoy doing more and adding more to your skills.

Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131.gif 
Views:	249 
Size:	375.9 KB 
ID:	87582 im still trying but i can only get the board with text on it to spin half way and the text isnt to clear but im doing has text and not button is that right ? emma

It's close enough, just reduce the line size to make the board and the text overlap more, and then select the text alone, and give it a thicker extrusion, so that it sits proud of the face of the board. With the Swing animation, you can change the extent of the swing by changing the angle. If you set 90 degrees, Swing moves from 0 to 90 in one direction, then all the way back to 0 and then to 90 in the other direction and back to 0 again. So the object will actually swing twice that angle in total.

Mike