Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3d photo

Default Re: 3d photo

hi here is 1 i've done but 1 i cant get the text to move diff to the 4 boxs or change colour and my photo dont look clear and when i save it i cant see all of my background.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	222.gif 
Views:	265 
Size:	1,006.7 KB 
ID:	87518

Hi, Emma, that's a good start, just some tweaking needed.

I don't think you've used the cursor to select different objects.

If you click on the a|b button, a big girder should appear at the bottom right of your screen in Xara3d. That's the cursor. Think of the screen as a page of text. Xara3d was originally only a text application, and it still lays out the 3d objects on that basis. Holding shift while moving the cursor across an object highlights it. Whatever options you choose from the dialogues affects only that highlighted object. If nothing is highlighted, any option you apply will apply to everything in the file. Some things, like Animation type are always global, ie, affect everything.

Hold the shift key down and tap the left arrow key. The "a" of Emma should be highlighted.
    Continue holding down the shift key and keep tapping the left arrow until you have selected all the text.
    Now go to the Animation dialogue, and click on the axis buttons to choose a different spin axis. There are three of those, with a Reverse direction button at the end.

If you use the cursor to highlight individual squares, you can choose different spin axes for these, too, and can click on the reverse button (the one at the end with two arrow heads) to have one spin in the opposite direction.

While the text is still selected, go to the Texture dialogue, and untick the texture button. You can then go to the Colour dialogue and choose a colour for the text.

As to the photo, there are options in the Texture dialogue you can use to resize and move the photo on the squares. Use the cursor to select the four squares together for this.

Be aware that Xara3d will tile textures so if the texture is too small to fill the object you are painting it on, you will see multiple copies of the texture appearing.

If all the above doesn't help, try posting your .x3d file, and we can have a look at it.

But you are nearly there already.

Mike

hi am i doing the text wrong ? i go in to the A/B and high light the text and go to the animation and select 1 but it changes all of it but i only want to change the text.

oh no ive lost the setting thats on the left side how do i get it back showing ?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3d-text-xara-tutorial-01[1].jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	87529

sorry i meant right hand side.

I think you need to click on the Options menu at the top of the screen, and select one of the items, like Animate...

When you select the text, does the text change colour? If it doesn't, it isn't being selected.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	highlighted text.png 
Views:	210 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	87530  

hi yes it goes like a grey colour so then i go to animation picker and select 1 but it still changing it all

When you say:

i go in to the A/B and high light the text and go to the animation and select 1 but it changes all of it but i only want to change the text.

what are you selecting in the animation dialogue? The animation type is global, so it will affect everything in the file.
    If you have Rotate2 for the squares showing the photo, then the text will have to be Rotate2 as well.
    But you can change the parameters within Rotate2, so you can stop the text participating in the animation (untick the text box), or have the text Rotate in a different axis, or in reverse direction, even on a letter by letter basis if you want.

But it will still be the Rotate2 animation if you want to keep that for the squares.

Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55555.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	87539 thx u so so much for helping me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	333.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	87538  
    Last edited by ec77; 25 February 2012 at 05:20 PM.

Hi emma

well done

- the image you have just posted is too big for GIF on this forum, and therefore when you click on the thumbnail it is converted to a JPG and does not animate - try reducing the size, more like the one you posted before...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...