Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3d photo

Default Re: 3d photo

moot point Gary - if you take the xara route you are going to need both programs for sure I would have thought [but not for me to argue with a GrandDude Emeritus [1st class] ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

hi im not good at things like this but i seen it and i really like it so thought i would have ago at it but ive been trying for over a week and cant do it and i googled and this site came up so i really hope u or some1 can help me with this i would be so greatful and thx u for ur reply. emma

Hi emma

this is not an easy thing to do for a beginner I am sure

Gary thinks it would be best done [mostly] in xara 3D and I am not at all sure that it would be

but since he has moved it to the xara3D forum we will need to wait and see if one of the experts picks it up..... I would not know how to do it in that program
    Nothing lasts forever...

HI handrawn ive been trying to do it on there but im new to xara3d but ive been trying for 6/7 hrs aday trying to do it that why i knew i needed help. emma x

Emma - Nothing is easy at first and if it is, it's probably too easy.

Xara 3D Maker was created mainly for creating simple rotating 3D animations. But over the years, members have come up with very creative ways to push the envelope. These solutions as I mentioned are not easy and not intuitive, but if you keep checking back, one of the Xara 3D Maker gurus should have some suggestions.

I have had to be gone all afternoon emma. I will work on a tutorial for you. If you send me the image you want I will do most of the work and send you an X3D file. Can you add your own background? The text I won't do because I don't know what font you want, nor do I really know what color you desire the text. The animation I will leave up to you. Is that suitable?. For the small one I did, I had to take apart your animation and could get the shape and image that way but that really wasn't suitable at all because the text overlapped the image some. Actually I don't know how to do what you are looking for in X3D alone. I used XDP7 to cut out the image and give me the shape and image. So with that said, hang on a little longer because it's getting late here, and I probably won't do it any more tonight.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Can I say that this needn't be all that complicated? It can be done entirely within Xara3d if you don't try to get too fancy.

Start with a blank Xara3d screen, set Wingdings as the font. Cursor is off.
    Type n, n, <Return>, n, n giving four squares in a two by two arrangement.
    Adjust the extrusion as desired. My preference is for pretty thin, and minimal round bevel.
    With the cursor off, adjust the tracking till the squares touch horizontally.
    Adjust the line size until the squares touch vertically.
    On my machine this worked with Tracking =-153, and Line size at 52%.
    You should appear to have one large seamless square.

In the Texture dialogue, tick the Texture box, and load your photo.
    Use the options in the dialogue to adjust the size and position as desired.
    In the animation Dialogue, set Rotate2 as the animation type, with 24 frames, 8 frames per second.
    Use the Cursor to select individual squares and vary the axis and direction of the spin as desired.

Job essentially done.

If you want to add text, activate the cursor, set a readable font and type the text at the top of the photo or the bottom, and then
    select the whole text and shrink it to suitable size. With the text still selected, choose the animation (still Rotate2!) axis and direction.
    Or even have the text static if you want.
    You can have individual letters or words with different axis/direction, but the file can only use a single animation type.

Export the animation as an animated gif.

Give this a go (only took me five minutes) and see if this fits your needs.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dphoto astro.gif 
Views:	252 
Size:	263.6 KB 
ID:	87515  

ah - but you are the expert Mike

thanks for the run-down
    Nothing lasts forever...

hi mike and thx u and i dont understand n, n, <Return>, n, n

hi mike ive worked out n, n, <Return>, n, n but can u tell me how to put a text name on plz.