Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Add Input Boxes in Xara Web Designer 7

Can you not add Input boxes using Xara Web Developer ? Only Text ?

Default Re: Add Input Boxes in Xara Web Designer 7

You can put anything like that in placeholders via the Web Properties dialogue :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hello JudgeyK

Yes you can add many types of forms either using a Placeholder (see Help > Index > Placeholder Objects) or using one of the Form Widgets which can be found in the Designs Gallery > Widgets folder.

Let us know if you need more help. That's why we're here.

Hi gwpriester,

I've managed today to add two simple boxes for login using the placeholder method as you have described, is it possible to see this html rendered on the design page or only once its exported ?

I also have looked at the Forms Widgets and from what I can see you have to pay once you go over x amount of users etc, and then there is also if I want a registration for and a login form, I can't work out exactly how I get say my downloads page to

a) Check they have logged in.
    b) check they have a valid subscription

when they are using one of the cloud form widget things

So, I would really REALLY appreciate if somebody could help me with the next stage say using this placeholder method,
    The website I am re-developing already has a SQL database holding all their user accounts etc, so I now have the login and password box and login button, how do I get the login button to read the members table from the SQL database, can I do it by writing say a Javascript file to return a a value back to the webpage with a session variable or something, how do I set this up on the Xara page, if I can get this example done I could probably work out the registration page.

I was suppost to have this live yesterday and risk losing the job now if not completedby Monday so really panicking !

Cheers Guys...

Hi gwpriester,

I've managed today to add two simple boxes for login using the placeholder method as you have described, is it possible to see this html rendered on the design page or only once its exported ?

I also have looked at the Forms Widgets and from what I can see you have to pay once you go over x amount of users etc, and then there is also if I want a registration for and a login form, I can't work out exactly how I get say my downloads page to

a) Check they have logged in.
    b) check they have a valid subscription

when they are using one of the cloud form widget things

So, I would really REALLY appreciate if somebody could help me with the next stage say using this placeholder method,
    The website I am re-developing already has a SQL database holding all their user accounts etc, so I now have the login and password box and login button, how do I get the login button to read the members table from the SQL database, can I do it by writing say a Javascript file to return a a value back to the webpage with a session variable or something, how do I set this up on the Xara page, if I can get this example done I could probably work out the registration page.

I was suppost to have this live yesterday and risk losing the job now if not completedby Monday so really panicking !

Cheers Guys...

In the placeholder tab under web Properties there is an option to "re-generate placeholder image". this will give you an in editor preview of what the code produces.

As to what code is needed, can you use the original code from the previous site ?