Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to call a JavaScript Function on a button press ?

Hi Guy's,

Completely new to web development as have been a desktop programmer for years and finding the migration really tough, Is the Xara Web Designer just for Static Web Pages?

I have 2 problems at the moment,

1) I want to call a JavaScript Function when I click on a button, I have put the button on the Xara Form button cannot seem to do anything apart from give it a link somewhere ?

2) I need to create a Registration Page and subsequently then a Login Page

Please can anybody help me get started ?

Default Re: How to call a JavaScript Function on a button press ?

Hi JudgeyK, welcome to TG

Javascript is not my strong point but functions can be called via the link field :-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JScall.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	87477  

Excellent, Cheers Drwyd

Been trying to search for the Javascript one for hours, couldn't find it anywhere in the help.

Any ideas on my other problem, I am renewing a website for somebody and it has to be ready in 20 hours time

the Current website uses a SQL database to store Registrant details and I can see the register aspx file but when I try copy and paste the code into the HTML body section on my Xara Page nothing happens ?

I'm really stressed trying to get this sorted....

PS: Have been looking at these form widgets to see if its possible to use them even if I have to pay, but are they the best thing to use for the functionality of users registering on the website as I cannot see how I can then use the form data to create a Login page which the user needs to do in order to download content...

Back end code will only run on the server. As to the code required to communicate with it and the database I'm unable to help. Hopefully some other members with more knowledge in this area will jump in