Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 How can I customize the naming of: <div>s, images, etc..?

How can I set the name ids of <div> tags and other tags generated in html at design time? Also, can I can set the name of images as well?

Default Re: How can I customize the naming of: <div>s, images, etc..?

Select an image and click the Name tag icon from the infobar (also accessible by right click and go to Names..) type in a name and click Add, that name gets added to the img tag as id="xxxxx" (this is not the same as specifying the name of the image rather than letting Web Designer automatically name the file on export though).

Of course the same applies if you want to add the name attribute to a shape you've drawn as that will be exported as a graphic.

If you have a placeholder and want to name the div that is in then do the same as the above and that will give that div an id, id="xxxxx"

WD6 Re: How can I customize the naming of: <div>s, images, etc..?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Select an image and click the Name tag icon from the infobar (also accessible by right click and go to Names..) type in a name and click Add, that name gets added to the img tag as id="xxxxx" (this is not the same as specifying the name of the image rather than letting Web Designer automatically name the file on export though).

Of course the same applies if you want to add the name attribute to a shape you've drawn as that will be exported as a graphic.

If you have a placeholder and want to name the div that is in then do the same as the above and that will give that div an id, id="xxxxx"

Thanks Pete, I'll try that method.