Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text as Graphic upon Export

If I understand it correctly, grouping any text will convert the text to a graphic upon export to html for use on a web page. I send files to printers in PDF. I can toggle the PDF export to convert text to graphics. Does grouping a block of text convert it to graphics for all export options from Xara7?

The Google search engine relies on the text on a page more than (if at all) the metatags. Keeping text as text for SEO is an issue. Thanks for letting me ask the question.

Dan

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Text as Graphic upon Export

As far as I know grouping text will only convert it to an image when exporting as html. Rotated text will also be converted to an image on export as html.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Citywolf View Post
    Does grouping a block of text convert it to graphics for all export options from Xara7?
    No, only for HTML export.
    The Google search engine relies on the text on a page more than (if at all) the metatags. Keeping text as text for SEO is an issue.
    Correct.
    John.

Thanks for the clarification.