Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Can WD sub menu link open in new page?

Hi Ya'all,

long time Xara user and now upgraded to Pro 7 and delighted with the built in WD. Just about to finish and publish a new business site except for one important detail. I have a nav button with a rollover submenu and I need the sub menu links to open in new pages. Anyone know if that is possible? Of course a single link can be set to a button or an object to open to a new page in the properties dialog. I haven't had any luck finding a fix for this specific sub menu opening in a new page setting yet. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

CT

Default Re: Can WD sub menu link open in new page?

Hi CT

If you mean new window this is possible for all links. Select "new window (_blank)" from the link tab. (accessed from the navigation bar properties)

Hi Drwyd, have you actually made this linking to work? Been in the link tab and properties dialog many times and tried combination with other settings. The new_blank page setting does not stick and does not open a new page when clicking on a submenu link. If anyone has done this successfully(rollover submenu links to open in new window), please share settings to make this work, or perhaps my software has a glitch.?

This works for me. Preview the attached file, the first button and the sub menu item under the first button are set to open in a new window.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey PeteS,

Excellent, Thanks. This is what I needed. What I didn't see stated anywhere was that once you enter the link(s) for the submenu items, you can double click on each url individually and the link tab properties opens for each which then will accept and retain the (_blank) setting you choose for each url in the submenu.
    Last edited by Crashingtiger; 21 February 2012 at 07:48 PM.