I remember their being a sub-thread for this book once upon a time. Anyways I am trying to go through the book and learn Xara but right from the first start I am having problems. On pg68 working with joining paths and using the bevel tool it shows 2 different objects. Once with insets cut out and one without insets cut out. The file uses the one with cut outs but in the instructions is says nothing about how to get the cut outs to show. It just becomes a solid fill even though you draw it out with the selector tool. Then in the end it shows a half completed shape that tells you flip and copy it. Ok, but because of the included line in the drawing the bevel doesn't give the results shown in the book either. Then at the end, off on the side in the picture caption it talks about using the Join Shapes command that is never included in the step-by-step instructions anywhere. I decided to go on in the book but it talks about using the Join Shapes command "like we did before." I need a little newbie help here.