Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Widget link issue - NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!

If this has been covered I apologize. I looked and searched and found nothing and I am in a huge bind now due to an unexpected error/issue. I need help desperately at this point...

I finally broke down and purchased WD7 Premium( been using WD5 ). In addition I purchased the widget pack( slideshows ). I am redoing a client's site and used one of the widgets as a major design element( easy accordian ). I am having a problem with it though.

Not going to get into my MAJOR disappointment that you can't really edit the widget( sizes, fonts, colors, etc... ). My issue today is I can't get a link to work out of it??? It comes with a www.xara link on each page of the widget that works fine linking to Xara's web site. However, that is all that will work for links. If you change the address to the page/site you want it won't work. It tries to link to C:\Documents and Settings\.............. vs the URL you have entered.

Please tell me I did not waste my money on a useless widget pack and that I have not wasted all this time making it a major part of the client's new home page only to find out days later that a simple hyperlink change is not allowed? Please tell me there is a way to have the link go where you want?

It won't work in Xara preview, if you click IE/FF from the Xara preview window, nor if you export it. I have not tried it with it actually uploaded but I can't see how that would matter.

HELP ME PLEASE! I am

Thanks in advance.

PS - adding my own text w/ links does not work either. Same problem crops up.

Default Re: Widget link issue - NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!

Double click the accordian, select the xara link in the window,click the link icon at the top of the tool bar - like a chain link, change to your www. address PRESS APPLY and save at the bottom, edit the blue xara to your link name save and close the accordian.

It works fine at my end although the pictures don't seem to link when you try to link to them.?? If you want more than this widget offers i.e change size slide speed transitions etc I suggest you look here

accordian

jq sliders

scruffy
    Last edited by scruffy.thedog; 15 February 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: links incorrect

THANK YOU!

What I was doing is what I always do for text links and that was to highlight the text using the text tool then go to the link tab and proceed. By just clicking the text line, without highlighting it, and then applying the link from there it now works.

Again, thank you.

You dog persons need to stick together.

woof!

HA! To be honest I didn't even notice that. Had to go look to see what you were talking about.