Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: February 2012 Fabulous Fractals by Angelize Guest Tips and Trick Tutorial

Thanks Frank. I only touched on a few textures that you can create by layering fractals. By having layers with different colours and experimenting with the fractal settings and even combining both kinds of fractals via the transparencies you never know what kind of textures you might come up with. The wood textures for example were some thing I thought of when playing with settings and just messing around while preparing for this tutorial and suddenly I had something that sort of reminded me of wood so I played around a bit more to improve the texture.

I am hoping that the tutorial will inspire others to experiment and post their created textures here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: February 2012 Fabulous Fractals by Angelize Guest Tips and Trick Tutorial

Thanks for a very good tut. Frances and as always, clear and easy to follow. Look forward to the next one which I believe you have already agreed to do, so lots to look forward to

Stygg

I'm glad you enjoyed it Stygg. It may be a while before the next one, as I need time to work on it and I want to give others a chance to contribute. (I don't want to hog the spotlight )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Loved the tutorial and also the redesign of XaraXone - thanks to all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed it Stygg. It may be a while before the next one, as I need time to work on it and I want to give others a chance to contribute. (I don't want to hog the spotlight )
    I will wait for the next tut. Frances no problem. I got some nice effects from the fractal tut. not yet tried two remaining ones, but I will

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	87304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	87305  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	87306  

I am glad you enjoyed the tutorial Ampa

Very nicely done Stygg! I hope you are having fun with this as well as learning. You can also experiment with different colours for the wood textures for example if you use more yellowy browns you could simulate pine or yellow cedar, add a bit of reddish browns and you could come up with something resembling mahogany.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]