Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: List your favorite fonts and why!

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    No one has mentioned Blackletter fonts perhaps because no one has a favorite, and this is the thread for posting favorite fonts and adding an explanation. Would you like to educate us here and tell us why you like these two typefaces?

Blackletter is exceptionally formal—weddings, official documents—and metal bands (!).
    In the English speaking world, Blackletter is considered especially formal, no not much in German speaking countries, for they used it extensively before the Hitler era.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Um, Myrtonos, you've just joined as a member of TalkGraphics, and I suspect you didn't completely read the member policies about posting links with your first post.

It's bad form; it usually looks as though someone joined just to advertise and divert traffic from tg, so if you want to show a font sample, as a new member post a bitmap image, okay? This will keep other Moderators from criticizing you.
    I don't know how to post bitmap, and that policy has not applied on any other forums on which I have posted.

That said, Moyenage is a nice example of how someone is reworking the Blackletter letterform into something much more legible than, say, 300 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I find all Blackletter fonts quite easy to read.

A sample of text taken from my previous post due to a glitch:
    Jonothan Barnbrook has no plans to add Cyrillic characters to his "Bastard" blackletter, as adding new characters would be a considerable piece of work and his font is not a big seller. But I wonder whether it would get more attention of he added Cyrillic characters.

um why hello there, i think i am falling for you : http://www.typographyserved.com/gall...isplay/3303986

Welcome to the Fonts & Typography forum stayfocused, we hope you'll stick around and talk fonts with us and maybe even help us build one or two.

I do have to mention that we normally don't allow new members to post links, but I'll make an exception this time, your post was on topic, isn't spammy and it is a lovely font you like.
    Last edited by Barbara B; 27 April 2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: typo
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

My all-time favourite font is Myriad Pro. It is extremely versatile, useful for body text. Also it excels as a display font. Its super-sexy curves just knock me out (probably useless in bed, though). Attached is the Bold version, placed along a curve (kerning between certain characters because the shape of the line created some gaps between some and squeezed others together) with a couple of contours and a three colour fill. Very tasty!
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myriad pro.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	89095  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.