Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
No one has mentioned Blackletter fonts perhaps because no one has a favorite, and this is the thread for posting favorite fonts and adding an explanation. Would you like to educate us here and tell us why you like these two typefaces?

Blackletter is exceptionally formal—weddings, official documents—and metal bands (!).
In the English speaking world, Blackletter is considered especially formal, no not much in German speaking countries, for they used it extensively before the Hitler era.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
Um, Myrtonos, you've just joined as a member of TalkGraphics, and I suspect you didn't completely read the member policies about posting links with your first post.

It's bad form; it usually looks as though someone joined just to advertise and divert traffic from tg, so if you want to show a font sample, as a new member post a bitmap image, okay? This will keep other Moderators from criticizing you.
I don't know how to post bitmap, and that policy has not applied on any other forums on which I have posted.

That said, Moyenage is a nice example of how someone is reworking the Blackletter letterform into something much more legible than, say, 300 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I find all Blackletter fonts quite easy to read.

A sample of text taken from my previous post due to a glitch:
Jonothan Barnbrook has no plans to add Cyrillic characters to his "Bastard" blackletter, as adding new characters would be a considerable piece of work and his font is not a big seller. But I wonder whether it would get more attention of he added Cyrillic characters.