I think in addition to font recommendations, folks, that Font Unrecommendations should qualify for posting, too.

IOW, places that vend pirate typefaces, broken, ones, who have unreasonable practices such as spamming sign-up members, and so on.

But I don't want to whack a site without giving a reason.

I think a "Font Unrecommendation" that fits my critea for posting is:

•Fontspace.com-Although this site has a good collection, many of the typefaces are rip-offs, some have only been renamed from the original files from Corel Corp. and other sources. If you have a doubt about one of their typefaces, download it and right-click then choose Properties to see the copyright, if any. FontSpace requires an account, which can be overridden if you're clever about it, but if you do sign up, expect your email address to be sold to spammers.

I have never found a resource for high-quality commercial typefaces that have been created free and clear of commercial copyright issues, and I've been trolling the web for fonts for more than a decade. Because I'm a fontaholic and I need a fix regularly.

FontShop and Dafont usually have good knock-offs of classics such as Kabel, Aachen Bold, perhaps even Garamond, but if you want quality fonts for free, forget the notion that you can get commercial knock-offs, and just settle for original cottage industry typefaces.

Hey, there are some fresh new creative authors who offer interesting stuff all the time. Stay tuned to Smashing magazine who does a round-up of free fonts about once a month.

—Gary