Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default the software repeatedly asks to reenter my serial number

I bought Xara Xtreme Pro a long time ago and have used on the different computer I have had over time. I bought another computer and installed Xara. Everytime I start the program it asks me to reenter the serial number. ...which I obligingly do. But once shoud be enough! I bought the program in it's box with CDs, manuals, etc online. From the company itself. This is the genuine product with a genuine serial number printed on the box just below my name!

Default Re: the software repeatedly asks to reenter my serial number

What happens if you close the program, then right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. This can help solve a myriad of problems.

Default solution to serial number being constantly requested at start of program

I have Xara XtremePro 3.0. I've used it on several consequent computers (win 98, XP, etc ... never used Vista!). Anyway, I installed it on a brand new one using Windows 7.
    I found that it repeatedly asked me to enter the serial number every time I started the program. It is a genuine Xara product with CDs, manuals, serial printed on the box, etc. I found the solution at Xara Support knowledge base page where the following question people would ask is:
    Will Xara products work with Windows Vista and Windows 7?
    And this could have been the problem!
    Read on ... for symptom of my problem and its cure:

On the first run of the program, right click on the desktop shortcut and select 'run as administrator' This is required even if you are logged into an account with administrative access. This will allow you to run the program and enter your serial number and will prevent the program from requesting your serial number on subsequent runs.
    see link:
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...6#prior-to-3-2

Default Re: solution to serial number being constantly requested at start of program

Very interesting info. Thanks for that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: solution to serial number being constantly requested at start of program

I have merged the two threads regarding this issue as it really is the same question. So did running as administrator solve the issue for you pierrot-lune?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I rather think that is exactly what he/she is saying in their second post
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

He, sir. Moi.

tu? est il vrai?

ok maybe not you Gary, but a yes a French poster, if not Français
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks you guys that solved my problem today! Needed to run Xara Pro 3.2 to open some old files. It was actually lovely to see that clean, uncluttered workspace again. Sniff.