Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Needing Help!

Default Needing Help!

Started with Xara Web Designer 7 Premium a few weeks ago and seemed to be doing pretty well. Now I'm unable to add iimages to any pages as I apparently must have done something to prevent images from showing on the page. I think it has to do with my lack of understanding of Layers. Did I turn something off? I'm not sure where to go from here to continue with the website. I appreciate any suggestions...Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warning.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	87192  

Default Re: Needing Help!

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Open the Page and Layer Gallery, select the Mouse Off layer. This is the primary layer that you should be working on.

Look at the selected layer. The layer is probably locked or not visible. Make the layer visible by clicking on the eye icon and you will probably see your missing content. If there is something there, select it, cut it to the clipboard (Ctrl x), select the Mouse Off layer and Edit > Paste in Place.

Thank you for your quick reply. Both Page Background and Pasteboard Background were locked. After unlocking those, it allowed me to place images on my web page. I was in the process of rebuilding a page that was giving me trouble when all things came to a halt, so Thank You.

The original problem that prompted me to try and rebuild a page was that three buttons on the Nav Bar would not respond although the rest of the nav bar would work fine. Still trying to figure that one out??

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsea View Post
    Both Page Background and Pasteboard Background were locked. After unlocking those, it allowed me to place images on my web page.
    Those layers should remain locked. Neither should you be adding page content to them (other than a page or pasteboard bg colour or bg image).

As mentioned by GWP above, the MouseOff layer is your base (default) page layer for all objects which are to be displayed. You should work on this layer.

Thank you for the advice, I'll go through and make sure all pages are locked