Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Weird Floater

Default Weird Floater

Just did some website updating (WD7 Premium on Windows XP) and have ended up with a floater. If you pass your mouse over a picture, a piece of the navbar shows up. See www.salisburycongregational.org. On the home page, down the left side, there's a graphic for a newsletter (white page with a picture on it). If you hover the mouse over that image, the floater pops up. Don't know how to get rid of it, and would love some help.
    Thank you!

Default Re: Weird Floater

Yes, it seems you have part of the navbar on the MouseOver layer. Check this in the layers gallery.

Interesting. Having pored through the layers gallery finding nothing, I tried the all-layers button (never done that before) and there it was. See image. But the two sections of the navbar seem inexorably linked and I can't seem to get them back together. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wd7page.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	87189

Would it work to simply delete the navbar on the home page and cut & paste one from another page?
    Thanks!

Well, I just held my breath, closed my eyes, and deleted the offending navbar. With a little fiddling to get correct placements on different pages, it all works! Just wish I knew how these things happen. One day the site's working fine, but make a few minor, simple changes and something completely inexplicable happens. How does one whole section of a navbar just detach itself from a tight grouping and wander down a page?????

I suspect it may have something to do with changing the length of different pages and the fact your origin point is bottom of the page and not top. But without looking into it deeper, that's just an educated guess. In any event, it's good that you sorted it and that you are truly getting your nose in the product - there's no better way to get to learn it inside out!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

"...your origin point is bottom of the page and not top. But without looking into it deeper, that's just an educated guess."

I don't know what you mean by this. Is "origin point" something I can control?

Hi Pamela

When an object is set to repeat on all pages it can be set to position itself relative to the top or bottom of the page as it (the page) is re sized.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pampos.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	87193  

I keep having other vision when I see this topic heading! Is it only me? Sorry for not keeping on topic.
    Design is thinking made visual.