Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lost serial number

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the loss of a serial number when re-installing?

I upgraded from Xara 3 to Xara 5 & I'm sure I used the X3 serial number for X5. The problem is that I have (a) disposed of the X3 CD & case, (b) Have upgraded my PC hence the need to reinstall, and (c) I have changed my ISP (email address included) since I purchased X3.

I contacted the help desk & they tried to see if I'd registered under my old email address for verification, but it appears I hadn't...and, that's when the support seems to have stopped.

If, and I'm sure it's correct, I haven't registered either of the versions, does anyone know of a way, or experienced a solution to get the program running again? I'm more than happy to upgrade again if need be, but I don't want to run into the same problems.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Lost serial number

When you purchased from Xara.com you would have created an account there. Log in to your account and if my memory serves me correctly you should find a link to older software and affiliate info click that and among other things you should find a list of all of your xara software and serial numbers.

Edit: you should have a serial for each version you have use the serial for the version you are installing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Frances.

Thanks for replying. I'm sure I did under my old email address & that was part of the problem. I couldn't log in under that address & subsequently, couldn't use the "Forgot password" option, as it would send it to the old, non-existent account. As the Help desk chap pointed out, he couldn't find an account under that address anyway, so I'm in a little bind.

With regards to the serial per version, I used the "upgrade" software when going from 3 to 5 and this is where I have this thought in my tiny head that I had to use the original, version 3, serial number. I hope you are right because it would make much more sense, and probably be easier to sort out in the long run.

Cheers.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

you don't need to get anything e-mailed to you if you can log in at Xara.com. The serial numbers will be accessible through your account. I have been upgrading the pro version since 3.2 and each time I got a new serial number and AFAIK you need the new number to unlock the new version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

The number should be on the X5 case.

Christine

Thanks Frances.

The help desk chap couldn't find an account under that email address, so I can't even guess the password. It may very well be that I might not have registered which is strange, but possible knowing how my mind works!

Hi Christine.

I cannot see it there. When registering, it says to enter the numbers after P2. There is definitely no P2 on the sleeve of the case or on the two discs.

Thanks for the replies again, I appreciate your help & suggestions.

Just checked my old cases. The number appears on the X4 case but not the X5. Nothing on the discs or paperwork either.

Thanks Drwyd. Rules out me not being able to see the wood for the trees...

Quote: "When you purchased from Xara.com you would have created an account there. Log in to your account and if my memory serves me correctly you should find a link to older software and affiliate info click that and among other things you should find a list of all of your xara software and serial numbers.
    Edit: you should have a serial for each version you have use the serial for the version you are installing. "

Yes, used to be that way - unable to find out how to get there now.
    Recently re-purchased some software 'cos of lost serial number, don't want to have to do that again when installing on new computer.

Any sensible advice?
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Go to magix.com and login with your old Xara credentials
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.