Originally posted by Crow Haven:
Nope, it's not this monitor I'm viewing these forums with (I don't use the new NEC monitor for internet at all and the images I have created on it while looking much brighter than on this old monitor are seen as too dark when viewed by others -- Richard caught that for me. I have to adjust the posts in brightness on this old monitor to be sure others viewing the image see it as I intend.
I've run calibrations on this old monitor and it's accurate.

What the dragon looks like is that the body is a dark grey and pretty much a solid coloration except for highlights off the texture from the lighting. The wing membrane areas do look painted though, as do the spines and claws. The eye is a solid black and a bit duller than some of the skin textures (why I thought again they hadn't been painted...so that's why I asked) The skin has texturing but is looking very uniform in coloration.

Here....I've cropped a bit off the pic you put in the zip file....Soquili sees some green in the eye....there's a very very slight tinge of it but so slight as the overwhelming look is still gone to a black eye. I don't see any clear cornea and do not see any real distinction between pupil and iris here, just a slightly darker center(iris area surrounded by the very faintest greenish tinge to a blackish surrounding eyeball area. For the skin on the main body -- the specular highlights from the skin itself may be confused with some lighter scaling you added (?) don't know if those were painted lighter or just the lighting on the surface --- subtle, yes, but the look still strikes me of dark grey plastic mostly ---except for the wing membranes, they look fine.

That's all the description I can give of what it looks like to me. Probably no one else sees colors the same way I do though -- so don't worry about it.
---Maya

No youre probably right about the brightness Maya,I forget about the LCds glare at times