Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default fills--arrows and boxes

Why is it that sometimes I'm trying to do a fill (eliptical, in this case) and I can click on one end to add a fill color, but I can't get the other end to be active for the other color?

If you don't know what I mean, I can send a screen shot. It's the 2 lines with arrows and boxes at the ends. Only one end will accept a color.

Thanks

Default Re: fills--arrows and boxes

The Elliptical fill displays a center node (Start color) and two arrows (End color) which are the same color. Open the Color Editor when the Elliptical fill is selected and you can use the pulldown to select either the Start color or End color. Hope this works for you.

Side note: I was stationed in Sumter at Shaw AFB many years ago. I remember great fishing down at the lakes.
    Last edited by Fred C; 12 February 2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: added note
    ~Fred

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

In addition to what Fred has said you can also double click any where along the horizontal fill handle to add extra nodes which can be assigned additional colours
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

To add to what Frances said, if you have rotated the fill handles what was originally the horizontal may now be the vertical node to which you can add additional fill colors.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Not to flog a dead horse, but...

You can cycle back and forth from start to end color and any added colors using the Tab key.

and....... you can use the cursor keys to move aditional nodes along the arrow lines

le cheval mort?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I am honored to receive so many answers to my question. IOW the end boxes are the same and the middle box changes. That does make sense with an ellipitical.

I did a tut with a demonstration of how to add nodes. I'm learning.

Side note: Shaw AFB is still here and has added an Army troop. It's 10 miles from me, but I grew up in Dalzell and the planes coming and going almost hit our house at times.

And a tiny bit of clarification that was almost explicit in Soquili's response: on an elliptical fill, since the colors on the two arms are the same, you can only add swatches to one of the arms.