Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xara and Apple

Default Re: Xara and Apple

I'm in the same boat as you, silence.
    I too have to use Fusion 4 on my MacBook, and then use Xara.
    I too have printing problems. I've tried installing the print drivers many time and tried all I can think of.

But, Xara works very well and I have not had any problems with that.

I too have wondered about a Mac version of Xara and then I wondered if I would want to spend hundreds of pounds ( or dollars) more to buy the Mac version?!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I just installed the trial version of Parallels...try it...it seems to be the best of all that I tried...it even accepted the VM from VirtuaBox so I did not have to reinstall WIN XP. So far so good...it is seamless so I'll be making the purchase in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    I just installed the trial version of Parallels...try it...it seems to be the best of all that I tried...it even accepted the VM from VirtuaBox so I did not have to reinstall WIN XP. So far so good...it is seamless so I'll be making the purchase in a few weeks.
    I run Xara DP 7 on my MacBook Pro using Parallels and Win 7, works beautifully. The only issue I have is booting up more than one Adobe CS5 program on the Mac at the same time, with 4GB ram things start to slow down. Problem is, try doing anything with just one Adobe program!

I daydream about Xara being native on the Mac. I guess some fantasies just remain in the mind eh!

With Parallels, you can phone their helpline, which I found to be very good, but with Fusion4, there is only e-mail support as far as I can see.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone