Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Large site problems

I thought when you hit optimize jpegs then it did the whole site, not just the one page?

Not 100% sure what was meant by LE's so cant really tell if I have any.

On most of my pictures what shows on page is a section of the photo I've used the fill tool to angle and size within the picture frame. When i select that item it indicates the whole of the picture is still in the page but only the portion in the frame showing - does this mean xara is trying to cope with several large pictures per page and if so is there an easy way of doing a snapshot or crop to frame once i'm happy with the size and position?

Does WD7Premium have live effects ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Live Effects are not available in any Web Designer version, only Designer Pro and Photo & Graphic Designer have them.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Set myself to fault finding, saved the site with a different name then started deleting it page by page, stopping now and then to save, close down and reload to see if the glitches cleared up. Get down to one page, then one element on one page, and still everything stutters.

I can have a different site open at the same time and can adjust images etc perfectly, then i click over to my main site and cant do a thing. Feels like something at some point has corrupted in the save?

It's not just re-sizing pictures, if I try and create a text box or a shape it lets me make it jumps from size zero to 378*378 with nothing in between. If i try and move that box it leaps in a giant step across the page.

And yet in the same instance of web design there is the other 5 page site I made with none of the problems.

So it isn't the web site size and it isn't a corrupt install of web design. But I do seem to have a 100 page web site which works fine online but I cant edit or change in web design because it doesn't like the web design file?

The idea of starting from scratch is just horrifying.

Can you post your one page, one element, file here and tell us what exactly you do to see the stuttering in that file, so that we can try to reproduce what you're seeing?

Thanks,

Phil

Could it be something silly like snap to grid ?

[Del] key on keypad to toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Could it be something silly like snap to grid ?

[Del] key on keypad to toggle.
    Yes indeed - simple as that :0) - probably nudged the key by accident - on the plus side the site is well optimized now lol

Thank you for your time and my sanity.

It's the silly ones that get you every time glad you got it sorted