Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I try/purchase Xara Web Master Add-Ons?

I found a Xara page where one can try and then purchase Xara add-ons like a photo slider and text scrolling.

However, when I attempt to "try a product" the next screen asks me to register. I type in my E-mail address and am then told that it's already registered and to please type in the correct password. OK. I type in the password and am then told that at a "mouse click has already been detected, please wait." And so it continues...over and over again. I've asked for password confirmation and am not receiving any response. Any suggestions? Thanks, Don

Default Re: How do I try/purchase Xara Web Master Add-Ons?

Sounds like the page does not work. Can you post a link to the page and we can ask Xara to have a look and sort out the problem.

Xara Add-ons are listed here ► http://www.xaraonline.com/

Steve and dgolden - I think a lot of those effects are no longer supported. I'll have someone from Xara confirm or refute this.

Thanks for your responses. Sledger had the correct link: http://www.xaraonline.com/ But I'm inclined to agree with gwpriester that the effects are no longer supported. So, my question is: Are there any other Xara based plug-ins available? And if so, where? Thanks for your time. Don

Not really. But using "placeholders" you can add scripts to your site and there are thousands of scripts available and most are free.

Xara specifically created the placeholder as a means to adding addition resources to your site while at the same time, not bloating the program with a bunch of modules that people might or might not use.

If you are not familiar with placeholders and how they work, go to Help > Index > Placeholder Objects for a full explanation.

Hi The Xaraonline services are still supported. The part of the service which is no longer supported are connectable modules. Support for these was terminated in 2010.

The effects shown at http://www.xaraonline.com/ are still supported.

Please visit http://www.xaraonline.com/ and enter your login details in the member sign in area on the left. Click on the sign in button to login to your account.

Once logged in, click on the button labelled 'Enter module store' This will direct you to the module store where you will find a menu on the let side of the screen allowing you to try and subscribe to the required modules and collections.

Many thanks

Thanks for the update bb2. But how can you say that modules like Site Updater are free when it also says, $4.12 a month?

Does this refer to whether you do the updates through Xara Online or through a stand alone utility?

HI Gary, this is due to there being free and premium versions of the particular module.

Thanks
    bb2