Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navbar behind Foto Shadow

Hi,

I would like to place a navbar with Webdesigner7 on my page.
    The difficulty is, that the navbar should be behind the shadow of a foto on the page.
    When I click the preview , all looks great, but if I go over the navbar, the selected item will pop over the foto. Also when I choose one button, it will stay over it.

Please give give me someone a hint.

regards
    Frank

Default Re: Navbar behind Foto Shadow

Hi Frank, welcome to TG

Sorry but what you are attempting is not possible. But you may be able to fake it. Could you upload a sample of what you are trying ? We may be better able to advise you.

Hi ,

I'v taken a Foto of the frontpage. On top is the navbar and you see the home button is above the picture. I would like to have it behind the shadow, like the other buttons you can see.
    The same effect will apear , when the mouse is over the buttons.

Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	87051  

Aha, so if I have this right, all the buttons are to be beneath the photo until the mouse pointer is over the button. Do you still need the buttons to indicate the current page ?

yes, you got it.
    it would be nice, if the selected page button has a different color or size, so that the user has some orientation one the site.

Here you go Frank

The MouseDown layer is used for the M'Down state and current page indicator. The photo layer is set between this layer and the M'Over layer.

Keep your buttons deep as the pointer will not trigger the M'Over effect through the image shadow. The only way to avoid that is to fake it by putting the shadow effect on the buttons themselves (and remove sections from the image). depending on the design this may have to be done on each and every page.
    Attached Files Attached Files

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Or alternatively, if you are already faking it by putting the shadow effect on the buttons themselves, you wouldn't have to remove anything from the image shadow, just put the image with it's shadow behind the MouseOff layer. Just a thought....

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Eric is right, if faking it the last step is redundant and the image can be moved behind or back to the M'off layer.

Post Re: Navbar behind Foto Shadow

hi, I just looked at the file you posted. This is great. I will try it with my page.
    Hope it works.
    Thanks both of you! Frank