Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link to different layers wthin the same page

Would like to know if there is a way to link to different layers within same page. I want to link to different photo galleries and have them viewed on the same page. I have a page with several links - button/images that link to a Photo page. The photo page has in its Placeholder, HTML code to run the photo gallery. I would like to put different placeholder HTML code on different layers and reuse the same photo page for all my galleries. This would prevent me from creating a different photo page for each photo gallery since each photo gallery uses different HTML code to run it. Don't know if WD6 can handle this but would sure make my website a lot smaller. Any ideas anyone.

MD

Default Re: Link to different layers wthin the same page

Hi MD

The link to open a layer and ensure that the others close will look like the following (works/tested in XDP7)

Code:
    popup: open "layer1" close "layer2" , "layer3" , "layer4"
    See example below :-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mdpopup.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	87011  

Thanks for the post Drwyd. Not quite understanding your post though. Let me use what you post to try to explain what I'm trying to achieve. Say on my index page I have four links to a photo_gallery page. In the photo_gallery page I have four layers. layer1, layer2, layer3, layer4. In each layer I would have a rectangle that has in its placeholder the code to a different HTML file. So each of the four layers in the photo_gallery page had a different HTML file that runs a different set of photo gallery pictures.

I click on link 1 on the index page, it links to layer1 of the photo_gallery page, link 2 on the index page corresponds to layer2 on the photo_gallery page, link 3 on the index page corresponds to layer3 on the photo_gallery page, and link 4 on the index page corresponds to layer4 on the photo_gallery page. I don't understand how the file example you posted would accomplish this.

On my present website I have to have four different photo_gallery pages to accomplish this. I would like to use four layers on one photo_gallery page to do the same thing if possible. thanks

Do the links have to go to a photo-gallery page? You could have - as per Drwyd's answer - four links each opening up a gallery layer. One page, four galleries. Or you could have a link on page1 to a gallery page and four links to four layers there.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi MD

It's quite possible to produce the behaviour you describe but why not have the galleries each on their own page ? They will load quicker, be more Google friendly and be easier to implement.

Thanks Drwyd, that is actually what I have already done. I was just to thinking if I had say 25 different galleries wouldn't it be easier to just have one page and use 25 layers if that was even possible. I couldn't figure out how to create a link to the different layers on the one page. But like I said I already have each gallery on its own page and is working fine. Thanks for the info. I will still look into your code (popup code "layer1" etc...) seem interesting and could possibly fine a use for it in the future. I would still like to do a - One page multiple gallery layers.

Two or three galleries wouldn't be too bad but if, for example, each of the 25 galleries had 12 images then you would end up with a page containing 25x12=300 images