Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IE9 Issues

Default Re: IE9 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    The thing that solves it for me is not starting IE9
    Yup, that would do it. Unfortunately, I can't dictate to people what browser to use. The person raising the biggest stink was the President of the gun club that I do the site for. Had to find a way to keep the guy who signs the check happy. I suggested he use a different browser like FF or go back to IE8 and he got all hot under the collar. So I ahd to come up with something to show that it wasn't the site but rather it was IE9. Now he sees that and is off my back.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Maybe one of these days M$ will make a browser that people switch to rather than from
    I admit to being an IE guy but I have learned to hold off and not upgrade to the newest version until all the bugs are worked out. It appears IE9 is going to be another IE6 that never gets fixed. IE10 is already in development and IE9 doesn't work for crapola. THAT is typical MS..

Better post a link here maybe there's more to it
    I do not have any trouble with IE9

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Hi GSthunder

Try this in the <head> section.

Code:
     <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" />
    Quote Originally Posted by gsthunder View Post
    Do I add that in addition to the code there already shown below or replace it with yours? I assume replace but?

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7"/>

Web Designer 5 is already forcing compatibility mode in IE to view the page in IE7 with the code that's automaticall inserted, so I doubt that changing this will do much.

Best off posting a link to your site so we can see the problems.