Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A Guide to The 2012 Xone

Hear Ye, Hear Ye—

Much attention has been focused on the video tutorial in January on The Xara Xone, and that's a good thing, because it gives everyone the chance to make fun of my American accent.

But I wasn't hired and underpaid to only do a tutorial a month.

No.

Every month, I'm going to post a new tutorial, video or text, PLUS:

• A free piece of content. January offers a typeface I created, no strings attached, just download and install it and create very striking headlines in your DTP work.

• A Tips and Tricks entry. This is a new Xara Xone section I've created by sort of combining Gary Priester's Workbook series with his tips section. Expect the tips I write to be on the longish side, and think of them as the second part of a "double feature", the monthly tutorial being the main event.

Notice there's a Call for Entries on the home page. If you have something you'd like to share, by way of a tip, a gallery you'd like to be the center of for a few months here, or anything else you'd like to volunteer to make the Xone YOUR Xone...I'm all ears.

And I hide them under my long hair.

Here's my notes, please do explore!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xone boutons.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	86817

My Best,

—Gary

Default Re: A Guide to The 2012 Xone

Hi Gary

Here's a font I designed a while back which you can put up in the Free Stuff section if you like:

AfterStalinPoster.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after_stalin_font.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	86827
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I will do exactly that, Frank, thank you! I'll take this post down, and then move it while I'm putting up February's tute. By doing this, other members can simply swipe the typeface right here.

You are the designer and no one else is involved, correct? We need to maintain a policy that "free" means free and unencumbered by any third party who might have any claim to it as a property.

It's quite nice, no Bolshoi.

My Best,
    Gary

Yep, it's all mine, one of my rare forays into font design. It's so time-consuming that after I created that one, I never ventured into it again. I also found it quite tedious, but that's probably more my perspective than the process of font design. Having said that, it's still on my list of things to do when I'm retired with nothing else to do but whizz around in my wheelchair upsetting all the other residents...

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.