Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to create a high resolution bitmap copy?

Hello everyone!

In order to fill a shape with a bitmap, first i used the freehand tool to cut a shape from the image then created a bitmap copy, each time the result is a low resolution bitmap where pixel dots are showing!
    Any way to make a better high resolution one?

Thank you.

Default Re: how to create a high resolution bitmap copy?

When you create a bitmap copy, you can set the size and such in the dialog box. Type "Converting objects or drawings to bitmaps" in the "Index" window of your help file.

If you are cutting a shape from an existing bitmap (photo) then the resolution is only going to be that of the bitmap you are using for a fill.

Select the bitmap fill with the Fill Tool (your profile does not list a Xara product so I have to keep this generic), click on the little box at the end of either of the fill path arrows, and use your arrow keys on your keyboard to reduce the size of the bitmap fill. If necessary select Repeating from the Bitmap Tiling Options on the Infobar.

You may need to start with a larger section of the photo first.

i've tried that still at true colors resulting low quality where pixels show!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    When you create a bitmap copy, you can set the size and such in the dialog box. Type "Converting objects or drawings to bitmaps" in the "Index" window of your help file.
    Actually i am cutting a shape from a jpeg image which resolution is good enough but once i am creating a bitmap copy of the shape i cut, the result is a blured image with particles(pixels)
    I am using xara photo & designer 10 .

Thank you

Is the jpeg much smaller than than the final size you want?, that could be part of the problem. Gary's advice is sound. I don't know how you work, but if you work at a high zoom you may not be seeing the true relationship. Anyway I have done similar things to jpegs and used the result as a fll with no problem. You might double check to see if you are using the result as a single tile or, repeating tile. Could you submit a xar file showing the problem please, that would help someonre help you better.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by gaftalik View Post
    Actually i am cutting a shape from a jpeg image which resolution is good enough but once i am creating a bitmap copy of the shape i cut, the result is a blured image with particles(pixels)

if you are making a bitmap copy the default resolution for this is 96dpi regardless of the dpi of the original - if you need a higher resolution you should change this when you make the copy on the 'bitmap size' tab of the copy dialog box
    Last edited by handrawn; 19 February 2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: add quote
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Maybe I'm missing something here but why make a bitmap copy at all? Just place your shape over your photo select both shape and photo and hit ctrl + 3 on your keyboard to intersect shapes and that's it. your shape will be filled with your original hi res photo at it's original resolution. You can select it and use the fill tool to adjust it with fill handles. This is also a non destructive edit as Xara imports a copy of your photo and your original is still safe on your hard drive and this copy is stored in the program's memory and its always accessible through the bitmap gallery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    ...Just place your shape over your photo select both shape and photo and hit ctrl + 3 on your keyboard to intersect shapes and that's it. your shape will be filled with your original hi res photo at it's original resolution..
    Actually thats what i was doing, intersecting shapes but i found out that i can edit the dpi to 500 and i got quite a similar resolution, i am working at high zoom!

I thank each one of you for your answers and support !