Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Special characters in Designer Pro

Hi for everyone, I would like to ask about entering special characters with in Text tool with method ALT + number.

My target is to enter a c which have a small comma above it, in Word that is the ALT - 263. For more such combinations the link is http://www.altcharactermap.co.nr/.

The problem is that in Designer Pro the ALT - 263 results some different character, do you have idea why?

thanks

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Special characters in Designer Pro

I believe you need to use the number pad on your keyboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Yes I know and using that, but the difference is that a different character comes applying the same in Word and different if in Designer Pro.

Maybe it is some difference in standards? At least I thought this ALT and number technic is standard

thanks,

I can confirm the difference - not only in Designer Pro, but also in Serif PagePlus, CorelDraw X4 and Illustrator CS5. a • instead of a c with an accent. This is using a variety of fonts, MS Word seems to be able to produce the c with an accent with each different font.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I can insert the correct character using the windows character map (as long as the character exists in the font) , there doesn't seem to be an alt code for it in the WCM though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Angelize yes it is the same at me, if I put the ALT + 263 so ć sign to clipboard from the character map or Word, then with simple paste the Designer Pro appears it correctly.

So far my best practice in this way is putting this character to clipboard, and at continuous typing in Text tool the Ctrl + V so the paste is giving this c character.

Basically I would think that if the Designer Pro is a fact that can appear the ć, in that case I assume probably exist also some way to enter it through keyboard. Not only with copy

I don't claim expertise here but from practice I know that xara only recognises ALT codes up to 255 [which is space] - if you enter a higher code ATL+256 appears to do nothing and from ALT+257 it 'starts again' so ALT+257 gives you ALT+1.. and ALT+263 gives you ALT+7... and so on

if there is a way round this I don't know it [I use character map] - but what you actually get within the 255 set may depend on your language/keyboard settings...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve yes you seems right, the ALT + 7 in Word, that gives the same character like the Designer Pro to the ALT + 263.

Thanks so I will use the storing on clipboard method and Ctrl + V.

I needed to use an "n" with a tilde over it today. Fortunately, I remembered this thread saying that the character could be copied and pasted from the Character Map. It worked just fine. I just had to change the font size after pasting it in.

Lynn