Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to Create a "Close Button" on Pop Up Boxes

Have Web Designer 7 Premium on XP.

I have a link in my text...and when the user clicks on it... he gets an overlay screen (popup) with some more details about the subject to read.

Problem is: Id like to create a "Close" button in the text popup box so they know where to click to close the popup.

Right now they have to click away from the graphic to to some dead space on the page behind it for the popup to eventually go away. What I actually get is a much smaller intermediate box with no text on it when I click away. This blank box does have an "X" on it. When I Click on that spurious X... then my original popup eventually closes too.

Id love to clean up the operation... and make it more predictable.

Am I doing something wrong? My text popup is on a separate layer called Popup Text.

Thanks

Suzzie

Default Re: How to Create a "Close Button" on Pop Up Boxes

Item #10 - http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=218

Make sure you put the close button you've made [or clipart] on the pop-up layer
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thank you for your help and direction. It works great. Ive had issues with this before and this workaround is straightforward.

Thanks

Suzzie

To create a close button for a popup layer, select to object that will serve as your close button, then set the link ("link to web or email address") property of the button to "popup:close"

Follow the link in post number 2 :-) The close button should be on the pop-up layer. You can use an image for the close button or just text
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Nice information.Thank you for sharing this information.

Thank you

Regards:
    iconwebservices