Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gallery Help needed

Total newbie to both Web Designer 7 and the WYSIWYG idea- no coding background. I am using Web Designer 7 premium with the template called Infrastructure. I have all the other items worked out both in my head and in the program, but I need to load more than the 12 photos in the gallery page. Lots more and it appears this template would be the one- since it has what looks to be a page tracker with linkable << and >> icons.

However, when I use the Insert command and follow the clicks as outlined, for choice one- "Duplicate Pages?" it fills in the photos okay, and I get five pages- one gallery page and 4 "copy Gallery" pages, but none of the pages are working.

The link that appears on the first page (upper left under the GALLERY title) that reads 'PAGE 1 of 1<< >>' Neither becomes active nor allows me to link to the next 'copy' pages that were added.

It also adds these pages to the NAV bar-(I don't want these pages directly accessible via the Nav bar).

When I use the second option, "Add Photos to Page" I get what amounts to a stack of photographs in the middle of the page- no placeholder, no borders, no formatting, and all at full size.

Anyone have an idea what I am not doing correctly? I would be very grateful,
    Thanks,
    Super K

Default Re: Gallery Help needed

Hi - welcome to TalkGraphics.

By clicking Duplicate Page you're on the right track, but this does only add duplicates of the first gallery page for as many pages are required to fill all of the photos you're importing. It doesn't automatically apply links to the << and >> graphics, this you'll need to do manually. I assume this is what you mean by the 4 copy pages are not working?

To apply to these graphics, select one and go to Utilities - Web Properties and choose the page that you want to link to from the Link to Page drop down.

The option Add Photos to the Page will do just that for the remainer of the photos that exceed the number of placeholder images to replace. This leaves it up to you to re-order and position on this page.

Re the nav bar, it sounds like you have the option 'Site Nav Bar' ticked in Nav Bar Properties. When this option is ticked new buttons get added when you add a new page to the document, and likewise the button gets removed when the page gets deleted. You can manually delete the added buttons, add your own and addd sub-menus still. If you don't want this automatic behaviour then untick this option in the Nav Bar Properties dialog.

Default Re: Gallery Help needed

Thank you for the reply, I have been down with illness, but will try to get to these suggestions ASAP.
    I appreciate the help, and except for this glitch, (put down to simply the learning curve bashing me) Xara is pretty intuitive so far.