Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default The Xara Xone Channel on YouTube is Now Open

The Xara Xone Channel on YouTube has launched.

Gary has designed a custom theme and avatar for the XaraXone channel, that I thought you all might be interested in looking at. Some of you have already found it; Angelize even subscribed!

I however, would never in a million years suggest that you all run right over there and subscribe to the XaraXone Channel so Angelize and Gary don't look so lonely there in the Subscribers box. Really. Of course I couldn't stop you. And you might want to....

Ummm -- I did mention that The Xara Xone Channel on YouTube has launched. Didn't I?
    Last edited by Gare; 21 January 2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: The Xara Xone Channel on YouTube is Now Open

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I like the custom theme of the Channel. All of the the new Xara Xone stuff has brought a certain energy to TG!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    All of the the new Xara Xone stuff has brought a certain energy to TG!
    We're really happy that this is the overall effect, and Xaraists have a new place to roost online with the addition of this area on tg.

It might be seen as "slick", but all we're trying to do with all the design stuff, most of which is done in Xara DP7, is "brand" our favorite drawing program, just like Adobe has successfully done with their products...just without the budget or the attitude .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XTV.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	86789

—Gary

It's looking gooooooooooooood
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I hate to tell you but I tried to subscribe and couldn't, my user name already in use, tried a slight alteration but that was taken also. So...I just bookmarked the channel and will have to access it that way.
    I suppose I could use a completely different screen name but then I wouldn't be identified with TG.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi wizard—

The point of subscribing is not to "show your colors", so to speak. Actually, I'd be very happy if several non TalkGraphics members subscribed to the xaraxone channel on YouTube.

Subscribing to the XaraXone channel on YouTube does exactly this:

1. It lets subscribers know when a new video is posted. Which is neither here nor there for most of us, because a new tutorial will be posted every month, you know where xaraxone.com is, and The Outsider I think will let registered users know.

2. More importantly? It looks good to have a lot of subscribers. YouTube is owned by Google, and I have to believe that if/when we get a lot of subscribers, this event is logged and entered in some way or another in Google's search engine.

So it's easy to find when someone conducts a search, they like what they see, they seriously consider buying product.

It's how we help keep the Good Ship Xara afloat, indirectly, but points count, you know?

My Best,

—Gary

Like I said before I like the way the channel looks, maybe this might be better in the suggestion box thread but perhaps creating a custom Youtube channel using Xara might make a good subject for a tutorial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Let me consider this one, Frances. It took far more steps online to "create" the finished channel than it did to create the elements in Xara for the "look".

I can say right now: the templates you might find online for making a channel's UI don't work, not even close.

—g

which is why,when I did my own channel I used the new streamlined set up, but it IMO is too streamlined. The new channels all look exactly the same there isn't enough customization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]