Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Make popups different

I have photos down the right side of my pages and have them set to popup when the page comes up.

But I also have some photos embeded in the text and don't want them to automatically popup.

When I change any one photo's popup it changes all the photos on the site and I can find no way to make just the embeded ones different.

Suggestion? - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Make popups different

If I understand the problem right, try [CTRL+Drag] the photo to the popup object.

? - not sure what you mean - I have 7 small photos down the right side of the page and made them popups which the first one pops up when the page is loaded and you can then cycle through the others. If I close one of those photos I can then click on one of them and they popup.

I then have 6 photos embeded in the text of the page - with repel text set. They are set as popups as well but they also popup when the page is loaded along with the others. I don't want them to popup until clicked on one but if I change the setting for one photo on the page, it changes all of them. Have not found a work around as yet. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Aha, I see.

That sounds like odd behaviour, could you upload a file that exhibits the problem ?

Drwyd, I copied parts of the page - see attached - but can not get it to work as it does on my full site page.

Here, the photo does not popup as soon as the page is load but if you click on a photo it opens and one can then cycle through the other photos or open one at a time if you wish.

On my site, when I preview the page the first photo opens, the page dims and you can then cycle through the photos or close and pick each individually. I don't know how I made it do so as there is no menu item for it to act this way. I can also select to have the photos cycle automatically - I don't have that checked.

The problem is I would like to have the photos down the right side open on page load as they do now but then have the 6 photos embeded in the text need to be clicked on to popup. I can find no way to have this happen as when you change any one photo it affects all of them. - jb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Hi Jeb

Try putting the photos that are not supposed to auto popup onto another layer.

If that does not work then we'll have to see a live page to work on. The best way to do this is to make a copy of your .xar file and delete irrelevant pages from it. You can then upload that file for investigation.

Moved the embeded photos to layer 1 instead of mouse off layer. Same problem.

Now the embeded photos popup first when the page loads instead of the ones on the right as they did before but still can't get them to work differently.

Here is the attached whole page. - jb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Add the name "nohighslide" to the images you wish to disable. Xara will revert to the old popup style (without auto slide show) for those images

Ah - you so smart. Works perfectly - tks much. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Excellent Glad I could help