Gary and I are thrilled at the enthusiastic reception his first Xara Xone video tutorial has received.

Some on this forum have said that translations of the video into other languages including other forms of English other than Gary's US-Upstate NY English would be helpful. And some multi-lingual Xarists have offered to translate. We invite anyone out in XaraLand who would like to contribute a translation to participate in making these videos useful to as many people around the world as possible.

I will be moderating the Translations Workshop, a sub-form, where anyone who wants to supply a translation or offer corrections or other comments on an existing translation; including my own Gary to English captioning can participate. The Translation Workshop subfourm should be online soon.

Now if anyone would like to get a head start on translating Gary's first video tutorial, please download the attached copy of the English captioning file. To use the captioning file please use a text editor to replace the English in the file with the new language phrase. You can upload your translation in replies to this thread or in the Translation Workshop when that comes online.

Please take care not to change the formatting or the time stamps. If possible keep each line no longer that 65 to 70 characters. To continue on a second line press your Enter key once. Two lines of captioning are OK but three or more and it really interferes with watching the video. The text file should be in UTF-8 so if you need to use accents and other diacritics go ahead. You don't have to do an absolutely literal translation -- we are looking for language that conveys the thought accurately and for language that sounds natural in phrasing and word choice.

For example (and I am using Google to do the translation so don't laugh too hard OK?)

English version:

00:00:00,849 --> 00:00:05,090
Hi I'm Gary Bouton. Happy New Year and the Alka Seltzer
is in the medicine cabinet upstairs.

00:00:05,090 --> 00:00:09,079
Welcome to the Xara Xone. Today we're going to take a look

French version

00:00:00,849 --> 00:00:05,090
Salut je m'appelle Gary Bouton. Happy New Year et
le Alka Seltzer est à l'étage armoire à pharmacie.

00:00:05,090 --> 00:00:09,079
Bienvenue à la Xone Xara. Aujourd'hui, nous allons jeter un oeil

3D-Tutorial-English-Caption.txt