Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Serious Error from Xara Web Designer

I keep getting an error when I try to delete text saying:

Serious Error From Xara Web Designer (in the top bar)
    then...
    Access violation exception at 0x00670CB5

You have the option to click "Continue" or "Quit"

If I click either one I get the following:

A serious error has occurred. A log of this error has been captured and can be sent to Xara to help improve Xara Web Designer. (etc... asks me if I want to send to xara) and it gives me a reference code which is:
    bf373369-548f-43c1-9622-a19c572336d0

Someone please help! I need to edit my website asap to continue getting clients and it won't let me! I have tried restarting program and computer to no avail.

Default Re: Serious Error from Xara Web Designer

I'll have a look at the problem if you post the example (or a reduced version of it, still containing the problem).
    Another option would be posting the crash report. But the looking at the troubling document is the best option.

kmario,

I'm not sure what you mean by "post the example or crash report"? Can you elaborate?

Heather

Hi Heather,

you can add attachements to your posts in talkgraphics. It would be best if you attach the crashing example. Then I can download it and have a look at crash.

TEST.txt

kmario
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kmario; 20 January 2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added another (test-)attachement for testing purposes

kmario,

I understand that I can attach things, I'm just not sure what exactly it is that you want me to attach? Is there something I can save? Do you want a screen shot? I'm sorry I do not understand.

Heather

No problem.

With the information you've given I can't track down nor identify the crash. Also it seems you've didn't send the crash information to Xara. That's why I did ask you for additional information. That could be either the crash log or an example document, that does crash when you try to delete the text, because on any version of WD I've tried deleting text is working fine.

Step #1: Look into the about box of your WD and post the exact version number.

Step #2 could be: If the crash occures only with a certain web site. I ask you to post the .web-file. That is the most easy way to help you. If WD always crashes I'd like you to describe what steps your doing before it crashes (but please post the exact version number before).

Step #3 could be: Just send the crash report and post the reference code in this forum again (it will be different from the one in your first comment).

I hope that's clear.

The .xar [or .web if using Web Designer] :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Ok.

1. (version #) - Xara web designer 6.0.1.1335OM CD (Xara) Jul 13 2010

2. Would this be my full website file that I am attaching?

3. I did it again, and sent the error report. Here is the reference #8b657050-8568-4667-91c6-a15567c3f225

I just tried it with another website I created in the same program & version and it did the same thing.

Thanks for your informations, I've recieved the crash report.

Unfortunately I doesn't tell that much about the problem you are describing. And I couldn't reproduce it either with the version number you've reported. I assume there is something wrong with the installed fonts, but can't say that for sure.

So please add one document of yours that is crashing, when you are deleting text. You can reduce the size of the document by deleting all pages in the document except for one with the text that crashes when deleted.

And also please give a note, what you click and which buttons you press to make it crash.