Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text links in list - trouble creating unique links

I have a text list on side which I use as a navagation links. Trouble is when I change the link for the new bottom item it also changes for item above it.
    LAND VACATIONS
    HONEYMOON PACKAGES
    MY TRAVEL SITE
    ONLINE TRAVEL MAGAZINE

Each line is a new paragraph. MY TRAVEL SITE goes to a website. I added ONLINE TRAVEL MAGAZINE to the list and when I select it - go to Web Proberties - Link and change the link to new http:// address, MY TRAVEL SITE also changes.

How can I create a unique link for ONLINE TRAVEL MAGAZINE? Thanks.

Default Re: Text links in list - trouble creating unique links

I found a workaround... hopefully there is a better way.
    I created a new text line ONLINE TRAVEL MAGAZINE (indepenent of the text list) -- selected the text - added the link in Web Properties. I copied this new text, then pasted it into the text list as a new paragraph. The new text retained its link and MY TRAVEL SITE retained its unique link.

EDIT: above didn't seem to work as I thought. I uploaded revised site and all links on left side text links reverted to link I added to the last item in list. Back to the drawing board. Will probably have to put each item as it's own text line opposed to a paragraph to get it to work correctly.
    Last edited by BobfromCA; 18 January 2012 at 07:58 PM.

NEW UPDATE:
    I made each link a separate text line (not part of a paragraph). I used Align to distribute evenly and align left. I soft-grouped. I deleted original and put this new soft group in place. Selected repeat on all pages. For some odd reason on a few of the pages there was a big gap between CRUISES and the bottom 3 items. I couldn't figure it out (was about 2" gap) so I Stopped Update - This page only -- ungrouped, moved bottom items up, re-soft grouped. I copied this group, then on other 2 pages, deleted repeating group and pasted this new non-repeating group in its place. All work fine now - but I lost the ability to update the repeating group and have changes update on all pages. So any updates, I will have to manually update 3 pages. Seems like there should be a better way to do this that works.

The site address is www.travelconceptsbyterri.com . WD7 made it fairly easy to create site, but ran into several frustrating things along the way - these left side links to name one. I also had text in pop-up boxes shift on me for no apparent reason. Spent hours trying to figure out some of these oddities. Oh well.... would have taken me longer yet in Dreamweaver. :-)

Hi Bob (thought you might be getting lonely in this one man thread ) did you try setting the repeat position to top ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bobrepeat.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	86696  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Drwyd; 19 January 2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Added sample file