Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trouble with text appearing different on Xara and on the internet

I am having trouble with text appearing different on Xara Web Designer Pro 7 and on the internet. I have attached a screen shot of how it looks in Xara and here is it on the internet: http://graziellamalagoni-art.com/con...lagoni-art.htm

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GRAZIELLA SCREEN.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	86686  

Default Re: Trouble with text appearing different on Xara and on the internet

Hi Monica

You may have enlarged/reduced the text area using the selector tool rather than the text tool.

Try selecting the text (with the text tool) and set the aspect ratio to 100%. You should then be able to re-size/position the text with predictable results.
    Last edited by Drwyd; 18 January 2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Typo

I see the line spacing, space between paragraphs, bulleted and numbered lists, & spell check. Where do I set the aspect ratio?

Sorry, meant to add this with the last post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monica.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	86688  

Thanks, it worked! The Aspect ratio box does not show in my Xara Web Designer Pro 7 so I had to paste it into my Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7, change it there, and paste it back into Web Designer. Is there a way to have it show in Web Designer?

If it's not there as standard then I suspect it's not available. Others may know better as I am not familiar with WD7
    Last edited by Drwyd; 18 January 2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Typo

The text aspect ratio is not available in Xara Web Designer 7 nor is it in Xara Web Designer 7 Premium. Seems it is only in the Graphic centric applications Xara Photo & Graphics Designer 7 and Xara Designer Pro 7.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Which is daft cos it's a web thing!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I would like to have it on Web Designer, after all my text somehow ended up with an aspect ratio other than 100%. I am glad that I have Photo & Graphic Designer 7 so that I could fix it.

Hi Monica,
    That 100% aspect ratio is really important. It is so easy to drag size text and it really throws the text off in a browser if the aspect ratio is not 100%.