Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: FORMS

Cool FORMS

I'm new to Xara, so far I LOVE it, but there is a learning curve. I need to "insert" a form on a page where people can input information and have that information sent back to me.
    I have gone to HELP, entered FORM and nothing comes up, read through a few things it did bring up, (none applied to what I need) Is this type of form something that I will need to obtain from Xara as an extra, or from a 3rd party, and if so, does anyone have a good resource I may try.
    Thank you,
    MzAZJones

Default Re: FORMS

Best place I have found for these types of forms is jotform.com you can create as many forms as you like and they are free (upto 100 form enquiries per month), once you have created a form choose the embed option and paste the given code into a placeholder on your site (or go to edit and select paste html placeholder)
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

While Jotforms is easy and simple to install, if you want full control over your forms (including the ability to integrate them with a database) thenyou should consider third-party software that allows you to host the forms on your own website - the processing script is not "hosted" by a third party.

I prefer Simfatic forms (http://www.simfatic.com/index.php). The software is inexpensive and allows you to have complete control over your forms - no third-party "hosting" of your forms or form data.

Hi

coffee cup form builder and their 's drive' is great you change the form with their software and the from updates the website form no re upload of the xara site files all comes with loads of gizzmo's autoresponders, thank you, db, survey, etc check it out for only 39 dollars ( 30 sterling) you get a month trial free- for dynamic hosting the first form is free there after a monthly fee ( 5 dollars 3.50 sterling) or with the same software you can make as many froms as u want just embed the form in the site . when you change the form you change the code in the xara placeholder re upload the site and the scripts to the server. Me i prefer the dynamic option

Scruffy

Hi Scruffy. There's even a free version of s drive which allows you to process 1 form. The new version of CCFB no longer uses flash and is simply brilliant at what it does. CC are still adding refinements and additional features and I know from experience it works brilliantly with XWD. Great heads up.

Jinker

From my earlier post: Just use Google Docs Forms with the placeholder method. Not only do you get a very good form, that is infinitely customizable, you also get a ready filled-in spreadsheet with all the results automatically inserted. This allows you to keep a record of all the results AND interrogate them with Excel. Here is one I did for a client, (although not a Xara customer) if they allow a link here> http://www.sergiosgrill.com/survey.htm

jinker yes i have used their 1 free form so far and its brill and simple to use see it here for a client, its miles ahead of their old flash version

Hi Scruffy. I also forgot to mention you can save the .php file without using the s-drive and point the form to that then upload the whole lot to your server. I had a look on your website and its great, modern looking and clean. There is a slight problem with text and graphic overlap on the "your first visit" page near the payment charges paragraph. I don't know if this is something you will want to put right? (Viewed in IE9.0.8) Did you use the CC graphic designer for your icons as they're great? Top notch job.

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Best place I have found for these types of forms is jotform.com you can create as many forms as you like and they are free (upto 100 form enquiries per month), once you have created a form choose the embed option and paste the given code into a placeholder on your site (or go to edit and select paste html placeholder)
    I have found jotform to be the easiest as well. I used to do it using script but it is just easier to use jotform.