Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sportsman's Club Remodel

Time for a remodel of the sportsman's club website I handle. They added a bunch of info( history of club )and had me add online membership due's ability( they picked PayPal ). There were a couple other things they wanted done too on various exisiting pages. So I decided rather than just try and fit it all into the existing site I would just start from scratch.

All in all I am happy with it. I am not the web designer guru and genius some of you are but I think it looks good and is well layed out. Just so much info and so many photos they want on the site, plus they want lots of color and widgets and doo-dads vs simple and plain, it is actually difficult to fit it all in and keep it organized. Waiting for the word back from the executive committtee on what they think.

Everything works good except for page 4( Membership ). For some reason there seems to be an issue on at least one computer I tested the site on with the buttons opening links when you click them. They highlight like they should but do nothing on click. You have to right click>open link for them to work? It is just that page as well. In the rest of the site they work fine? To this point it is only that one computer that this happened on as well. FWIW it is the page with the PayPal code???

If anyone who decides to visit the site could take a minute to go there and just see if the buttons on the page itself( not navbar )work I would appreciate it. I am curious to see how wide spread this issue is? The kicker is my desktop and the desktop that won't open the button links are running the exact same OS and same exact web browser. Has me stumped. Going to ask on the tech forum but maybe someone here knows what is up plus I would like to know if others have the issue as well.

Thanks...

Main site: http//www.exetersportsmansclub.com
    Page 4( problem buttons ): http//www.exetersportsmansclub.com/page4.htm
    Last edited by gwpriester; 24 February 2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Linked text (no charge :-))

Default Re: Sportsman's Club Remodel

I linked your links but I am getting a problem loading page error message. Are these links correct? Or are you working on the site?

OK I got your links sorted. I goggled Exiter Sportsmans Club and got the correct address.

The buttons on the four page all work for me.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'll leave this thread here as it does showcase a completed site, but I have moved the original post that wound up in the Australian beauty site thread into the Xara web design forum as you may get some more help there about the buttons issue.

I liked the site it looked very nice, but it did load slowly on my older machine (this may well be my beastie, not your site!) I will check it later on my newer computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK I got your links sorted. I goggled Exiter Sportsmans Club and got the correct address.

The buttons on the four page all work for me.
    Did I type the wrong address? I am sorry about that. Thanks for fixing it. I have problems with my vision and must have made an error typing it and didn't see it. Wow, how embarassing is that.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I'll leave this thread here as it does showcase a completed site, but I have moved the original post that wound up in the Australian beauty site thread into the Xara web design forum as you may get some more help there about the buttons issue.

I liked the site it looked very nice, but it did load slowly on my older machine (this may well be my beastie, not your site!) I will check it later on my newer computer.
    Not sure what you moved but ok?

Thanks. I hadn't noticed it loading slowly on any of the computers I use. There is a tone of info though on each page so on an older machine it could load slow for sure.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok I moved the response that you are confused about in the web design forum as it was in the wrong thread I moved from a thread started by Abicadabra for her beauty salon site. Sorry about that (now it makes more sense) I'll see if I can get one of the web design mods to move it back to where it should have been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

No problem. Sorry to make extra work for you.

BTW - I already have a thread in the tech forum about the button issue so no need to move anything for that( I think I get now what you were doing ).