Hi Big Frank. I agree with you, the colours do not invoke the feeling of olives, but as Paul said 'the customer is king'. As you can see from my first site for them, the whole site is in the various colours of olives but they didn't like that. They had seen a site they liked on the net and they wanted those colours, and similar format. They originally wanted the site to be black, but I advised them against that, so we compromised. They also wanted the visitor to land on the page and see all pictures rather than text. Its sounds like your laptop has the same colour resolution as my laptop and that you are getting a black background and shades of grey (hence 'a mechanical, industrial colour). The site actually has a very deep green background, deep olive page background and the text panels used on a couple of the pages are in a deep olive green. On my laptop they are a deep grey, and so is the page background, whilst the site background is black. On my apple they are different colours again. I guess it doesnt matter how you create the site, the colours will never look the same on many computers.