Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

With Flash MX, would it be possible to communicate with a scanner to send a command in order to scan an image? I'm interested in this because I've been inquired to about creating an application, with Flash MX, that will scann and display images of checks. By the way, the scanner is really a MICR scanning device that reads checks.

I was skeptical, but I have recently moved and the new software I got to install my DSL was created with Flash and it was able to detect hardware on my computer. I'm no hardware wizard by any means, but I would think if it can detect hardware and check a connection, then commands could be passed to the hardware too. Am I wrong?

Thanks to all who read this post, and even more thanks to those with feedback.

Scott
    IP

With Flash MX, would it be possible to communicate with a scanner to send a command in order to scan an image? I'm interested in this because I've been inquired to about creating an application, with Flash MX, that will scann and display images of checks. By the way, the scanner is really a MICR scanning device that reads checks.

I was skeptical, but I have recently moved and the new software I got to install my DSL was created with Flash and it was able to detect hardware on my computer. I'm no hardware wizard by any means, but I would think if it can detect hardware and check a connection, then commands could be passed to the hardware too. Am I wrong?

Thanks to all who read this post, and even more thanks to those with feedback.

Scott
    IP

I think you can reach the operative system through Screenweaver MX

www.screenweavermx.com
    IP