Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default January 2012 - Featured Artist - Derek Cooper

I have quite enjoyed the wonderful images in this month's featured artist gallery. I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could discuss the images and offer congratulations to Derek. Derek you get so much detail in your artwork, and I like how some of the images have an aged look to them, was that achieved with a bitmap transparency?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: January 2012 - Featured Artist - Derek Cooper

Derek has always amazed me with his use of textures, highlights, and shadows within his drawings. Even his wilted flowers seem to have life, depth, and emotional impact.

Very well done Derek, I'm amazed at your skills again.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I agree...

Derek's work is not just art, it carries strongly an accompanying emotional quality. Between the two (exquisite art and mood), it delivers quite an impact.

Peace

James

Derek was the first Xara artist (heck, he's an artist!) who came to mind when we needed to continue with the "Featured Artist" series on Xara Xone. I'm attracted to his work for all of the same reasons everyone else has given.

More than that, he truly pushes the program to express himself, and in the process shows just how diverse, complete, and flexible Xara Designer is as a graphics program. It seems at times that Xara defies the, "You're not supposed to be able to do this in this app!" truism, evidenced by Derek's painterly, expressive, and often photorealistic visions.

Than k you, Derek, for being so gracious and accommodating at very short notice, I assure everyone!

—Gary