Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Exported SVG: Bitmaps Distorted - Workaround?

Thanks!
    IP

That's good news! A complete reimplementation of the SVG export would be even better.

Currently, the exported SVG is unnecessarily complex, and it is not possible to specify important options such as "convert text to outlines" or "link to images". The lack of these options and the bad quality of the exported SVG is the reason why I am currently experimenting with Illustrator and Inkscape for creation of SVG graphics for the web. Unfortunately, that is, because I much prefer Xara as an editor.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

As well as improved svg export I would like to see svg import added as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Thumbs down Re: Exported SVG: Bitmaps Distorted - Workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Thanks for steps to reproduce this problem. A bug has been logged allowing for the problem to be investigated.
    Unfortunately, the bug still is in Xara Designer Pro X 8.1.1.

I am feeling driven to Illustrator which has awesome SVG export, but I don't really want to.

By the way, SVG is important to me for authoring Prezi like presentations that can be viewed with pres/v/g (written by me). But it's not only that: SVG is becoming increasingly useful on the web for all kinds of purposes. It's a pity that Xara instead decides to concentrate on 90s HTML authoring features...
    IP

Yet the same file imports back into DPX fine..

Might be an idea to post this in the Dear Xara.. forum?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Thanks for steps to reproduce this problem. A bug has been logged allowing for the problem to be investigated.
    Any idea when this bug will be fixed?

It's still in version X10.
    IP

Hi feklee, no nothing has changed desipte the two and a half year interval since you found a way to replicate this issue. It's still exactly the same in XDP10.

I attach two svg's created in the same way, one in Xara and one in Inkscape.

The Xara svg doesn't even show the bitmaps in IE. Safari does but as you discovered the bitmap is half the size in height.

The Inkscape version shows correctly in both browsers.

I've no idea how svg code is produced in either progamm but the Inkscape code, which works, when looked at in notepad is a sixth the size of the Xara generated code that doesn't work.

Perhaps we're another niche market and such niggly issues aren't worth Xara persuing?

I need WORKABLE svg files from Xara for use in VideoScribe but without severely editing the code in Notepad it's useless. And that's just for vector objects, throw in a bitmap & it just doesn't port across!

Xara is very seriously off track by disregarding these known deficiencies.

It's not isolated either, I've pointed out that the "Mouse Over" option is now no longer available in Xara Animations (only the on click) but again even though the help files says it is, it aint.

No wonder users are very unhappy with the latest upgrade.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

The scaling bug is fixed in version 10.1.2.35097, I just confirmed that. Thanks Xara!

What remains is the issue that the bitmap doesn't appear in IE11. Anyhow, I am now trying Inkscape on small projects. It has matured a lot over the past years, though it's still very slow.
    IP