Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Font Management inside of the Font Gallery

I would like to have a practical method of organizing Fonts. It doesn't matter so much to me that they are organized by family or weight, what I want is a way to drag fonts into folders. I would like to be able to name the folders and move them around.

The purpose of this would be to have a folder that you could associate with a job name, or date, or whatever. The same font could be in multiple folders. The user can add or delete folders at will.

It is time consuming to scroll up and down the font list to find the font you want, especially if you have a large number of fonts.

This way users could organize fonts however they choose. Because currently, the Font Gallery as it exists is pretty useless. It's really different than the drop down font list. There are no options to add folders or drag and drop anything.

I realize the name gallery does store the font names, but it is only accessible within the file you are currently using.
    Sheff
    My Site

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Font Management inside of the Font Gallery

This is something that would be really useful +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

There are many useful font managers available already, both free and paid. Loading up the Font Gallery with folders and font management capabilities strikes me as a major bloat.

I've used font managers with font groups for years. I wouldn't want to be without them. And, like Sheff, I detest scrolling through large numbers of fonts I'm not using. But adding font management in Xara will divert development resources from many other features we've asked for, while good font tools are just a google away.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You can have your cake and eat it too! You can easily create a template document for say cartoons with a selection of typed examples on the pasteboard of handrawn comic fonts. Then this could be loaded and all your cartoon fonts would be available at the top of the font dropdown because they are used in the document. you could add a folder of these documents to the designs gallery and simply drag from there to add to your open document and presto!. You could do holidays, font types, project types etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Sounds like a good solution, Frances.