Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using CorelDraw8 with Windows7

I was wondering if anybody has installed CorelDraw8 on a PC with Windows7 OS?

I've been using it on a desktop with XP, but would like to put it on my Toshiba latop.

Thanks in advance.
    IP

Default Re: Using CorelDraw8 with Windows7

Hello halac. I tried to install several versions of CorelDraw without being able to. In fact, it was the inability to install CD X5 (with the aid of Corel tech support) that led me to finally abandon CD altogether. I keep it on an XP Pro computer for being able to more readily work on past client stuff, but that is what motivated me to purchase Xara Designer Pro.

And I am glad I did. It runs far faster. There are some capabilities that XDP doesn't have compared to CD X5, but since early 2010, I have been more productive with XDP.

take care, Mike
    IP

Using cdr x4 on windows 7 Home premium 65-bit with no problems, not tried x5 but I don't see why it shouldn't work.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk
    IP

Hi Halac

In an effort to get a bit closer to your specific question on CorelDraw 8, I can confirm successful installation and use of CorelDraw 9 under Windows 7 (Home Premium, 64-bit). It was installed a while ago so I can't be 100% sure of the steps I took, but my usual practice with software of that vintage is to run the installation using Run As Adminstrator, and then use Run As Administrator the first time the program is started up and used. After that, the usual Run (or Start button item, or desktop icon according to preference...) is all you need.

Hope this helps until someone can give an actual confirmation about CD8...

Jon
    IP

I just tried once again on Windows 7 64-bit Home Prem and running as an admin. No joy with CD 8. 10 installed. X5 I never could install even with the help of Corel tech support. The installer would just bomb out part way through.

With Win 7 professional it may/likely be possible because of the support for installing a copy of XP Pro service pack 3.

When I reviewed the Corel forums, I didn't find anyone that had success installing CD8 on Win 7 64-bit syystems except those with Professional and an install of XP. Heck, most people couldn't install v10 but it worked for me. Many, many people also couldn't install X5 ever and those that did had more patience and perseverance with tech support than I could muster (though I tried for a month off and on).

Good luck. I made a ton of money using CD 8 and VP 8. Which is why I keep an XP machine around...

Take care, Mike
    IP

Thanks to all for the information.

I am running the Professional version of Windows 7. I'll let you know what my luck is with the installation.
    IP