Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Placitas Artists Website Makeover

www.PlacitasArtists.com

I created this site about 8 years ago in NetObjects Fusion.

Now that I have more time on my hands, I completely redid it in Designer Pro 7.

There are 84 artists represented on the site and I provide a free web gallery for each (Placitas residents only).

The individual artists galleries are mini-websites which makes adding new artists easier.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Placitas Artists Website Makeover

What a lovely site. I like the colours it really makes one think of New Mexico. I haven't had time to go through all of the galleries but what I did look through was very nice. Well done very enjoyable!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

A thoroughly enjoyable browse
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I really enjoyed looking at this site. It is beautifully visual. Eunice Bromberg and Arturo Chavez are probably my favourite artists on the site, oh, and Samantha Eckert.

The only thing that bugged me was that when viewing some of the artists' galleries I was unable to return to the homepage. I did not want to see all of the work by some of the artists, but was unable to navigate back home. Perhaps a button like on Samantha Eckert's page (and others) returning back to homepage would be good on all pages of the site (lotsa work, I know!).

Have you divided this into several sites Gary (I was looking at the urls and trying to figure it out)? If there are 84 artists and they have their own about page and contact page, plus then a page for each of the artworks, I guestimate there must be around 400 or 500 pages on this site. Jeepers! What a lot of work involved linking all that up. This must have taken you ages Gary. I really appreciate the work that has gone into this site. Great work, great site! PS The link on Arturo's contact page to the Homepage is broken.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    www.PlacitasArtists.com
    The individual artists galleries are mini-websites which makes adding new artists easier.
    Oh..okey dokey...I missed this bit. It is now clear to me about the urls. Whew! What a heap of work has gone into this site. How much time did you have your hands?..
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Me again..I ain't stalking, just browsing. Gary I remembered reading something on your site previously that made me chuckle tonight when I realised how big the artists' site was. You said this "I prefer small websites. Large complex websites boggle my mind". . So the artists' site is a small site?

I started the site around 2002, so I did not add all the galleries in a day. They have been added over the years which explains why some galleries have different formats. The current format with the 8 small thumbnail images makes it easy to create a new gallery (30 minutes) and update the work. Some artists have never added new work and others update their work a few times a year.

Arturo Chavez is probably the most successful of the artists and shows his very large landscape painting in Santa Fe http://www.gpgallery.com/works/search/241.

I started this site shortly after we moved to Placitas because at that time there was no website for either the local artists or for the studio tour.

I just can't believe any place smaller than London can be home to such a variety of talented artists!!!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.