Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Houston, we have a Lift-Off

Meant to be under "Archives" I think but that just links back to the new home page still
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Currently unobtainable. The rest of the old Xone is still there.

At least some of the tutorials can be found via the (new) search

Last edited by katemoir; 14 January 2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: changed link to correct old Xone link
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I suppose the title of the thread should now be "Houston we have a problem" it must be that #13 thing

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I think that it's just a case of the archive links pointing to the wrong page. After such a big change if this is the only glitch, which should easy enough for Gare to fix, then I think it's a job well done. If you use the link in John's post then everything is there. As for the links in posts here on TG and at Xara users that GaryP mentioned the reason that they no longer work is probably because the web address for those pages will now be different. I suppose the powers that be both here and at XU could if they deem it to be worth the time go back through some of the more recent posts linking to the original Xara Xone pages and update the links. This would as far as I know have to be done by an administer or possibly a super moderator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Wow a new Xara Xone ... Thanks John for posting the new link. I've just used that to update the links in my site which point to some of Gary's tutorials etc. The links to guest tutorials appear to be the same as they were though. Some of the internal links in the archive are broken ... when you bring up the list of a year's tutorials (ie: URL removed) the link for each tutorial listed will go to the new 404 error page, but if you then substitute 'archive' for 'www' in the browser address bar then so far it seems to find it ok.

For example:
    http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/jul11/ (Rubber Ducky tutorial) is now at:
    URL removed

I've had a quick look around the archives and other than the above mentioned monthly tutorial links, the rest seem to work as normal ... so as Frances said if that is all which is glitchy for such a big change then great job Gare and thanks for taking over the Xone.

Regards

Su
    Last edited by katemoir; 14 January 2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Removed incorrect URL before Google gets is
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Got home from work and still cannot get to the updated XaraXone and it is 12:12 a.m. on the 14th of January.

Hopefully the DNS server for my ISP will update before I get home from work again in about 16 hours.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It's finally working here in SW France

I like the new look, the theme and the colours. The design works for me, although it's a little too "WordPress" - I'd have been happier if it had been more unique, but I'm truly splitting hairs here. Excellent job, kudos to the Boutons (interesting choice of menu boutons)

Quote Originally Posted by Beerhaze View Post
    Not to be a party-pooper - I think it looks like crap
    How about you expand on that overpoweringly intellectual personal observation?

Last edited by Big Frank; 14 January 2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: "more unique" cleary a rhetorical tautology, but I've left it in because I'm in bed and am tired
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thank goodness, it is 4:59 a.m. on the 14th and I finally see the new Xara Xone.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Thank goodness, it is 4:59 a.m. on the 14th and I finally see the new Xara Xone.
    YAY
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.