Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: Houston, we have a Lift-Off

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    ...a change in artistic style and layout but comfortable to navigate and enjoyable to view. Gary's sense of humor is obviously present on every page and button design.
    Well, I bow and tip my magician's hat (which also serves as a jester's cap and a dunce cap) to you, Bill, for taking the time to brose the site and report back your findings.

Let it be known that I used tools I was most comfortable with to get the website's art up without the luxury of time to spare. This included Xara, a modeling program here and there, and clipart, such as the Call for Entries guy, which is a character from one of Nick Curtis' typefaces. Check this gentleman's work out—he was kind enough to let me feature and offer for free download several of his typefaces for the Xara Xtreme Official Guide. His Retro typefaces are exceptionally well-crafted, I buy his typefaces and use them all the time.

Tutorial fonts are right here, download Chapter 8.zip and Chapter 9.zip (and seriously consider buying the book)

This might also seem trivial, but the Magician Guy? I created him in Poser, after a very specific piece of artwork painted by J.C. Leyendecker mid-20th century. I worked hard but couldn't emulate his wonderful hard-edge style. Do a Google on Leyendecker. Some of us old(er) members will recall the Saturday Evening Post cover illustrations, and an artist who mimicked Leyendecker's style for the movie poster "The String."

We all have a very rich world of Art to draw from for inspiration, don't we?

My Best,

—Gary

Default Re: Houston, we have a Lift-Off

Thanks Gary that explains the feeling of deja vu when looking at the Magician and the Announcer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update