Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Re-Publishing slowed

When I've made minor changes to my site and re-published (re-pub changed files only box checked) it usually took just a few seconds. All of a sudden when I re-pub, it re-loads the entire site, taking about 4 minutes. The re-pub changed files only box is STILL checked.
    What could be causing this? (in newbee language please)

Default Re: Re-Publishing slowed

"re-pub changed files only" only works if you are publishing over an existing export. If you export to a different folder the entire site is published.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    "re-pub changed files only" only works if you are publishing over an existing export. If you export to a different folder the entire site is published.
    As far as I can tell, I am exporting to the same folder. How do I verify that?

Xara should ask you which folder you wish to export to when you publish.

What changes have you made to the design recently ?

What changes have you made to the design recently ?
    Nothing major. 1) a little text editing, 2) moved some text boxes and shapes to a couple different pages, 3) deleted a facebook "send" code that was causing the page it was on to take about 30 seconds to load in preview (that's another issue I was going to post later). I did make a copy of my project and moved it off the desktop and into a folder, but the problem has now happened with both copy and original.

Hmm, might have to see your .web.xar file to see what's going on.

Hmm, might have to see your .web.xar file to see what's going on.
    I don't know what that is. How do I show it to you? (I'm obviously new to this)

When you save (not export) your file it will be in either .web or .xar format. Save it somewhere easy to find, desktop is good, then reply to this thread and click "go advanced". Click on the attachment icon (paper clip), browse to your file and click upload. When it has finished uploading close the window and click submit reply.

When you save (not export) your file it will be in either .web or .xar format. Save it somewhere easy to find, desktop is good, then reply to this thread and click "go advanced". Click on the attachment icon (paper clip), browse to your file and click upload. When it has finished uploading close the window and click submit reply.

Problem 1: Whole site re-loads when re-publish.

Problem 2: Facebook "send" code is causing just the page its on to take about 30 seconds to appear in preview. Without it, it appears instantly. (I have not tried publishing with the code in -- afraid of messing up my site). Its on the "contact me page".
    Attached Files Attached Files