Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Webstyle 4 - multiple installations

I use Webstyle 4 with Dreamweaver.

I now - for complex but important reasons - have Dreamweaver 8 and Dreamweaver CS5.5 on my PC. But it seems I can only use Webstyle 4 with one of them.

Is there really no way in which I can link Webstyle 4 to two separate installations of Dreamweaver?

And if, as I suspect, that is so has anyone any suggestions as to what I might do to fix the problem?

Default Re: Webstyle 4 - multiple installations

I would think that Dreamweaver 8 is the only version that Webstyle 4 will work within. Webstyle 4 was released in 2004 and has not been updated since that time. Xara retired the program almost 2 years ago.

Rather than using the Dreamweaver addin you could use Webstyle 4 as a standalone application then manually add the code to include the Webstyle output to your Dreamweaver project.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Webstyle works perfectly with Dreamweaver CS 5.5 - that's not the problem.

The problem is having to choose to use it with CS5.5 or with 8. I'd like to find a way to use it with both because of differences in the way the two versions of Dreamweaver work.

Which is a pain.

I would bite the bullet and stop using DW 8. Better to master a new version of the software than cling on to old ways of working.